The spots and entities included in the Network will be distributed in different thematic areas, according to their features. Thus, at the moment there are the following ones:
- GEOLOGICAL PARKS (GEOLOGICAL PARKS, MINING AND GEOLOGICAL PARKS, and CULTURAL PARKS)
- NATURAL PARKS (NATURAL PARKS, NATIONAL PARKS AND BIOSPHERE RESERVES)
- GEOLOGICAL MUSEUMS (GENERAL GEOLOGYMUSEUMS, NATURAL SCIENCESMUSEUMS, PALEONTOLOGYMUSEUMS, MINERALOGYMUSEUMS, PUBLIC OR PRIVATE COLLECTIONS OF PALEONTOLOGY, PUBLIC OR PRIVATE COLLECTIONS OF MINERALOGY, INTERPRETATION CENTRESOF GEOLOGY, ROCK GARDENS)
- MINING MUSEUMS AND MINING PARKS (MUSEALISATION CENTRES WHICH EXPLOIT GEOLOGICAL RESOURCES)
- NON-PROFIT ORGANISATIONS (DEDICATED TO THE STUDY, DISCLOSURE AND USE OF GEOLOGICAL AND MINING HERITAGE)
- PROFIT-SEEKING COMPANIES (DEDICATED TO THE STUDY, DISCLOSURE AND USE OF GEOLOGICAL AND MINING HERITAGE)
- SALT PANS AND SALT MINING (INTERIOR SALT PANS, MARINE SALT PANS AND SALT MINING)
- CAVITIES (CAVES AND CHASMS OF GEOLOGICAL INTEREST)
- SITES OF INTEREST (LIST OF PLACES OF GEOLOGICAL AND MINING INTEREST THAT DO NOT BELONG TO THE NETWORK)
However, it is planned to split up some of these sections soon, especially the one dedicated to the GEOLOGICAL MUSEUMS.
On the other hand, the different places will also be distributed by geographical areas.
Each place will have a file and will be represented on the overview map and on the map of each of the sections. Basic information of each place will be given in this file, such as the following ones:
- WEB PAGE or WEBSITE
- POSTAL ADDRESS
- PHONE NUMBER
- PERSONAL OR PLACE CONTACT
- A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PLACE
All this information will be written in one of the five languages of the network. However, if necessary, other peninsular languages (ARANESE, ARAGONESE, ASTURIAN, EUSKERA or GALICIAN) can be used to write the file. Nevertheless, in any case, it would be desirable if there was at least an explanation in at least two of the five languages of the Network on websites or web pages.